The following article describes how to install Oracle Enterprise Manager 12C cloud control on Oracle enterprise linux 6.4
Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM or EM) is a set of web-based tools aimed at managing software and hardware produced by Oracle Corporation as well as by some non-Oracle entities. It is Oracle’s integrated enterprise information technology management product line, which provides the industry’s only complete, integrated, and business-driven enterprise cloud management solution. Oracle Enterprise Manager creates business value for IT by leveraging the built-in management capabilities of the Oracle stack for traditional and cloud environments, enabling customers to achieve unprecedented efficiency gains while dramatically increasing service levels. Enterprise Manager Cloud Control is the new name for what was previously know as Enterprise Manager Grid Control. This article describes the installation of Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 1 on Oracle Linux 6.4.
You must have installed the database home .If you have performed a default database installation you will need to de configure Enterprise Manager Database Control by runnig the following command as the “oracle” user.
$ emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop
Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 1 (18.104.22.168) for Linux x86-64
Click here to download the software.
Cloud control 12c installation:
- Create a listener using NETCA and database using DBCA. Make sure “Configure Enterprise Manager (EM) Database Express” is checked.
- Now, you will need to de configure Enterprise Manager Database Control. Run the following command as the “oracle” user.
- Make the following initialization parameter changes and restart the instance.
- Now, startup the instance and register the database using the command shown in the picture.
- In 11g version we need to install Weblogic separately but in 12c its comes by default. The Default version is 10.3.5. Make required directories to hold the Middleware installation.
Make sure to follow the below mandatory steps before starting the installation otherwise installation would fail as shown in the picture below.
1) You must not set the ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID environment variables.
2) You must ensure that the Oracle directories do NOT appear in the PATH.
3) You must set the DISPLAY environment variable. In bash terminal, run the following command:
export DISPLAY=<hostname>:<vnc port>.
Then, unzip the Cloud Control installation zip files using the below shown commands, and start the installation by running the “runInstaller”.
$ unzip V76581-01.zip
$ unzip V76582-01.zip
$ unzip V76583-01.zip
- If you wish to receive support information, enter the required details, or uncheck the security updates checkbox and click the “Next” button. Click the “Yes” button the subsequent warning dialog shown in the picture below
- If you wish to check for updates, enter the required details, or check the “Skip” option and click the “Next” button.
- The following performs a prerequisite check of required RPM’s. This can be ignored by pressing the “Ignore” button, followed by the “Next” button.
- Select the “Create a new Enterprise Manager System” and “Advanced” options, and click the “Next” button.
- Enter the middleware home (“/u01/app/oracle/Middleware”) and agent base directory (“/u01/app/oracle/agent12”) and the hostname as shown.
- This screen shows a list of plugins available for install. Make sure you check the plugins as shown in the figure below and click “next”.
- Configure “weblogic” and “nodemanager” user accounts by specified a password for each account and click “next”. Make sure password requirements are met to avoid errors.
- Enter respective details in their entries as shown.
- If you get any error as shown, click “yes” to let the installer automatically fix it or click “no” if you wish to troubleshoot manually.
- Specify passwords for “SYSMAN” user account and agent registration. You can also change the other fields if you wish to customize and click “next”.
- In this screen, the installer displays PORT configuration details in a tabular format that will be allocated along with recommended port ranges. Click “next” to continue.
- Review the information generated by the installer and click next to start the installation process. The progress of the installation will be shown on the progress bar as shown in the picture below.
- When prompted, run the root scripts, then click the “OK” button.
- Make note of the URLs, then click the “Close” button to exit the installer. A copy of this information is available in the “/u01/app/oracle/middleware/oms/install/setupinfo.txt” file.
- The login screen is available from a browser using the URL provided in the previous screen (“https://server2.oracle.com:7802/em”). Log in with the username “sysman” and the password you specified during your installation.
- Once logged in, you are presented with a with the “License Agreement” screen. Click the “I Accept” button.
- Now you are presented with the homepage selector screen. Select the desired homepage (We chose Databases) and click the “Preview” button.