This document provides step by step instructions to install Oracle E-business suite release 12.1 on multi nodes running Oracle enterprise linux 6.4 64-bit operating system on x86-64 hardware architecture.
Refer the following document for installating Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.4 64-bit operating system, “Installation Of Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.4″
The following document describes multinode installation of Oracle E-Business Suite, with multiusers, meaning that the database, all product directories and AD core directories, and all servers are installed and database tier and application tiers are owned by different users, and some services of application reside on another node. This provides improved manageability, scalability, and performance.
- Disk Space requirements: File System Space Requirements for Standard Installation are shown below,
Node Space Required
Applications node file system 35 GB
Database node file system (Fresh install) 55 GB
Database node file system (Vision Demo Database) 208 GB
Stage area(unzipped files) 47 GB
- Edit ‘/etc/hosts’ file and add the hostname in the below shown format
- Edit the /etc/sysctl.conf file and configure the kernel settings as shown below. After editing the file, use the “sysctl -p” command or restart the system to invoke the new settings.
kernel.shmall = 2097152
kernel.shmmax = 429496729
kernel.shmmni = 4096
kernel.sem = 256 32000 100 142
fs.file-max = 131072
net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 10000 65000
kernel.msgmni = 2878
kernel.msgmax = 8192
kernel.msgmnb = 65535
net.core.rmem_default = 262144
net.core.wmem_default = 262144
net.core.rmem_max = 4194304
net.core.wmem_max = 262144
- Edit the /etc/security/limits.conf file and change the existing values for “hard” and “soft” parameters as below. Restart the system after making changes for the new values to take effect.
* hard nofile 65535
* soft nofile 4096
* hard nproc 16384
* soft nproc 2047
- Two Domain Name System (DNS) resolver parameters (timeout and attempts) are set by default to low values when the operating system is installed. These low values may cause attempted network connections to an Oracle database to fail. Add or update the following entries to these minimum settings in the /etc/resolv.conf file on each server node.
- Oracle has released an E-Business Suite Pre-Install RPM (available on ULN and public yum) that includes all required rpms for both the application and database tiers of an R12 installation. If you are not using the pre-install rpm, the following packages are not part of the OS distribution media and must be downloaded and installed separately and installed manually using yum utility on the application tier.
- Create users and assign default groups as shown below. ‘oracle‘ user is the owner of database tier and ‘applmgr‘ is the owner of application tier and these users belong to ‘dba’ group. We follow these notations through out the installation process. Also create required directories and change permissions as shown below.
Creating staging area:
- Download E-business suite from www.oracle.com and create staging area by unzipping each file in the following order.
$ unzip -d /u01/ebs <zip file name>
B53824-01_1of4.zip Rapid Install Start Here
B53824-01_2of4.zip Rapid Install Start Here
B53824-01_3of4.zip Rapid Install Start Here
B53824-01_4of4.zip Rapid Install Start Here
B53825-01.zip Documentation Library
V15680-01_1of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 1
V15680-01_2of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 1
V15680-01_3of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 1
V15681-01_1of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 2
V15681-01_2of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 2
V15681-01_3of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 2
V15682-01_1of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 3
V15682-01_2of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 3
V15682-01_3of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 3
V15683-01_1of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 4
V15683-01_2of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 4
V15683-01_3of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 4
V15684-01_1of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 5
V15684-01_2of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 5
V15684-01_3of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 5
V15685-01_1of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 6
V15685-01_2of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 6
V15685-01_3of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 6
V15686-01_1of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 7
V15686-01_2of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 7
V15686-01_3of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 7
V15687-01_1of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 8
V15687-01_2of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 8
V15687-01_3of3.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 8
V15688-01_1of2.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 9
V15688-01_2of2.zip Rapid Install Databases – Disk 9
V15689-01.zip Rapid Install Tools – Disk 1
V15690-01_1of3.zip Rapid Install APPL_TOP – Disk 1
V15690-01_2of3.zip Rapid Install APPL_TOP – Disk 1
V15690-01_3of3.zip Rapid Install APPL_TOP – Disk 1
V15691-01_1of3.zip Rapid Install APPL_TOP – Disk 2
V15691-01_2of3.zip Rapid Install APPL_TOP – Disk 2
V15691-01_3of3.zip Rapid Install APPL_TOP – Disk 2
V35224-01_1of3.zip Rapid Install RDBMS – Disk 1
V35224-01_2of3.zip Rapid Install RDBMS – Disk 1
V35224-01_3of3.zip Rapid Install RDBMS – Disk 1
- Login as ‘root‘ user and navigate to following directory and run rapidwiz to start installing Oracle applications. And Click the “Next” button on the welcome screen.
$ cd /u01/ebs/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz
- Accept the default “Install Oracle Applications Release 12” option by clicking the “Next” button.
- Enter MOS (my oracle support) credentials and click next or you can skip this step by just clicking next.
- Select the “Create a new configuration” option, then click the “Next” button.
- Accept the default port pool by clicking the “Next” button or you can set custom port pool of your choice
- In the following screen you can configure database node. Select the “fresh database” database type, enter a database name and ensure other fields are populated correctly and change the base directory as shown below.
- Select the “Suite Licensing” option, then click the “Next” button.
- Accept the default products by clicking the “Next” button.
- Select the appropriate country functionality, then click the “Next” button. If the country of your choice is not mentioned, just click next to continue.
- Select the appropriate territory and character set information, then click the “Next” button.
- Check the primary applications node configuration settings and change the entries in base directory and instance directory fields to values shown in the picture. Then click the “Edit Services” button.
- As shown in the picture below, disabling ‘batch processing services’ and ‘other services’. These services will be enabled on secondary apps node. Click ‘ok’ and proceed to next step.
- In the following screen, click on ‘add server’ and enter details of the secondary applications node. Then click on ‘edit services’ and disable all the services that are enabled on the primary applications node and click ‘ok’ as shown in the pictures below.
- On this screen, recheck and accept the node information by clicking the “Next” button.
- Rapidwiz starts system check to validate the configurations. Wait for the check status to be complete.
- Assuming all the system checks were completed successfully, click the “Next” button.
- Click the “Next” button on the installation review screen.
- Click the “Yes” button to start the installation.
- Wait while the installation takes place as the installation may take long depending on your hardware resources.
- Now, at the end of post installation checks if the check fails as shown below, perform following operations,
- Shutdown all the application tier services by executing ‘adstpall.sh‘ located in ‘/u01/applR12/inst/apps/PROD_applsrvr/admin/scripts/‘
- Login as ‘root’ user and create the below link for library file as shown below
- login as ‘applmgr’ and startup all the application services by executing ‘adstrtal.sh‘
$ ln -s /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib/libdb.so.2
Once you have done the above mentioned steps, hit the retry button and the post install checks should now be passed and screen looks like below. Then click next. If the check still fails unlike shown in the picture below, download and apply patch “6078836” from my oracle support website and then retry. This patch contains a missing library file required for starting up the ‘http’ server.
- Click the “Finish button to exit the Rapid Install Wizard.
- Now, on the other machine perform prerequisite operations and copy conf_$SID.txt from applsrvr1 to application tier node under. conf_$SID.txt should be in $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil on database tier node ($INSTALL_BASE/ db/ tech_st/ 11.1.0/ appsutil) and start rapidwiz on this machine.
- On configuration choice screen select ‘Load the following saved configuration’ and select the configuration file you copied and click next.
- Rapidwiz will now perform system checks as shown below.
- Once all the pre-install tests are passed, click next to continue.
- A review is as below will be displayed. Note that only Applications technology stack gets installed on machine 2.
- Rapidwiz will now start installing Oracle applications. Wait until installation completes.
- After installation, post-install checks will be performed where the connectivity with database on primary node and other checks are done. Click next.
- Click finish to close rapidwiz.