Not able to connect virtual machine from windows
- Navigate to Control Panel and Network and Internet Settings
- Click on Adapter Settings at left side of window.
- Right Click on VirtualBox Host-Only Network and click on properties.
- Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Note the subnet of IP Address and subnet mask from Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties.
- Navigate to Network settings in Virtual Machine settings.
- Make sure that the Network adapter should be Host only adapter.
- Start the virtual machine and verify that the IP address subnet of you linux machine and the subnet of Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) should match. You can the IP of your linux machine or Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
Example: Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4): 192.168.100.XX
Virtual machine IP: 192.168.100.XX
- Now verify the connection from the windows to you linux machine.
Not able to connect internet in linux virtual machine in windows.
- Shut down the virtual machine and add a new network adapter as bridged.
- Start the virtual machine and activate the eth2 for new attached adapter as DHCP IP.
- Once restart the network using below command or reboot the machine.
# service network restart
- Now try to ping internet from your linux machine.